There’s nothing like a giant roll of paper and a box of crayons. Recently my father-in-law passed along 2, yes 2, giant rolls of paper to my kids. You should have seen their faces when those rolls of paper showed up on our dining room table.
Since 2 giant rolls of paper is an awful lot of paper to use, I asked friends on Facebook for ideas. Here’s their ideas in no particular order.
- Comic strips. A mural. Random words.
- Raya: Comic strips, cave drawings, life size drawings with magazine collages. Drawings for the books they are reading.
- Diane: A paper tablecloth to doodle on!
- Patricia: life size body tracings
- Brandi: We have a doodle wall that’s covered in white paper where we can all draw and color. Best wall in the house! smile emoticon
- Jennifer: Summer timeline.
- Shari: We used to do a life size body tracing and the kids loved it. Also you could make a big long treasure hunt or a great big city map like a map of your city of where the big important things are for the summer.
- Amy: Take it outside and paint with your feet.
Cool things to do with a big roll of paper | The Nurture Store
Tin Can Painting | Teach Preschool
Giant Santa Collage | My Kid Craft
Pacon 57015 Fadeless Art Paper, 48″ x 50′ roll, White
Spectra Artkraft Duo-Finish Paper, 48″X200′, Brown
101 Kids Activities That Are the Bestest, Funnest Ever!: The Entertainment Solution for Parents, Relatives & Babysitters!