Recovering from the Weekend
A stomach bug made its way through our home this weekend. Fortunately, only 2 kids were affected, and yes, I’m knocking on wood for that comment. The worst case was my daughter who threw up every 20 minutes from midnight to 6 am Sunday morning.
As a result, I’m flying by the seat of my pants this week. I never made a meal plan. I did plan ahead last week for this week, though I know I’ll have some last minute items crop up. I’m keeping my expectations in fitting with a shorter school week, Halloween high-jinks, and dealing with illness.
Focusing on Halloween
I’m finishing up 3 Halloween costumes today for my middle boys. They’re going to be soldiers; the fabric glue I used to glue the patches on is not working well. Time for the glue gun.
I’m searching for a crockpot recipe today to use on Halloween. Since we’ll be out pretty much all day, I’m keeping dinner easy.
We finished the Halloween treat bags last Friday. However, I may make a run to Target this week to pick up $1 plastic pumpkins to make these Glow Pumpkin Lanterns from Making Lemonade. The kids and I had a blast yesterday making Halloween Rainbow Loom charms using videos we found on YouTube from Made by Mommy.
Personal – (habits that keep me healthy and happy)
- walk 3 times this week as I recover from a running injury and sinus infection
- stretch and strengthen my body (I know I have to do this every day to maintain my injury recovery)
- drink 6-8 glasses of water a day
- eat green (daily salad and veggies & protein at dinner)
- read a book (back to the Kindle!)
People – (activities that promote relationship with the people I love)
- date with my husband
- phone calls to my mom, a friend, and my mother-in-law
- day trip with the kids
Purpose – (tasks that enable me to fulfill my purpose in life)
- work on my blogging/writing business
- write an ebook
Passion – (activities and experiences which enable me to enjoy life)
- take pictures of the kids (lots of fun ones to catch this week)
Projects – (priority tasks that need to be finished this week)
No projects since I’m focusing on Halloween.