Thanksgiving Week, yes, it’s here. I’m starting my Thanksgiving Week Preparation Checklist today (newsletter subscribers received a PDF printable to help them stay organized). My Weekly Cleaning List will help you with the regular daily cleaning tasks. Use the 3 x 7 menu planner to plan this week’s meals; start with the leftovers already in your fridge.
Who’s the Thanksgiving cook in your home? In ours, it’s my husband. While I handle the everyday cooking, he loves to cook on weekends and holidays when he has time to make special meals.
Our Thanksgiving Menu
Steamed Cauliflower and Broccoli
Mushroom and Onions sauteed
Cranberry Sauce from Ball Blue Book Guide to Preserving
Dessert:Homemade Apple Pie, Homemade Pumpkin Pie, Whipped Cream
Beverage: Sparkling Apple Cider
Christmas Week is just 3 weeks from now. Someone needs to get some wrapping done; oh, that’s me. Fortunately, the kids helped me wrap our ornament gifts for various family members. I’ll ask them to help wrap the Family Photo Calendar which I received last week from Picaboo.
This week, I have to get the Christmas card designed and ordered. My mailing list is updated; I picked up Poinsettia stamps at Costco yesterday.
Personal – (habits that keep me healthy and happy)
- walk 5 times this week (I am struggling with this!)
- stretch and strengthen my body (I know I have to do this every day to maintain my injury recovery)
- drink 6-8 glasses of water a day
- eat green (daily salad and veggies & protein at dinner)
- read a book
People – (activities that promote relationship with the people I love)
- date with my husband Wednesday night while the kids are at a movie
- phone calls to my mom, a friend, and my mother-in-law
Purpose – (tasks that enable me to fulfill my purpose in life)
- Girl Scout planning and troop meeting
- work on my blogging/writing business
- write an ebook
Passion – (activities and experiences which enable me to enjoy life)
- take pictures of the kids (remember my #holiday2013daily Instagram challenge?)
- trip to Longwood Gardens to see the new Christmas display