Snow, Snow, Snow
I’m not fond of snow. For the last few winters, I’ve been pretty happy with the amount of snow and ice we got in our area. I know that warmer temperatures during the winter mean more bugs during the summer. I really don’t mind.
Then we got about 10 inches of snow last week. Plus another 3 inches yesterday. I’m not happy. I’m itching to get outside and run, yet I don’t feel safe. Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my severe ankle sprain. I’m not going through that again! However, I’m not fond of the treadmill either. I guess I need to suck it up and hit the treadmill and maybe pull out those workout videos for more variety.
Creating a Healthier Balance in 2014
This week, Creativity is the focus here at A Life in Balance. I’ve always loved to create with traditional art methods like painting, drawing, and pottery. However, my longest-running creative outlet has been photography. My dad and my aunt were incredible photographers, and I hope I’ve inherited some of their talent. One way I share my love of photography is through the Family Calendar I put together every year for extended family.
I’d love to hear about your creative outlet whether it’s cooking, knitting, or something unusual. Share away in the comments.
Personal – (habits that keep me healthy and happy)
- walk/run/exercise 3 times this week
- stretch and strengthen my body (I know I have to do this every day to maintain my injury recovery)
- drink 6-8 glasses of water a day
- eat green (daily salad and veggies & protein at dinner)
- read a book (Step by Step Paleo)
People – (activities that promote relationship with the people I love)
- lunch at Whole Foods with some of my favorite local bloggers
- crafting with the kids
Purpose – (tasks that enable me to fulfill my purpose in life)
- work on my son’s First Communion Album
- start our 2013 taxes
Passion – (activities and experiences which enable me to enjoy life)
- take pictures of the kids
- take a trip to Longwood Gardens to see their Orchid Extravaganza
Projects – (priority tasks that need to be finished this week)
- Girl Scout planning meeting
A Picture for Thought
Me as a Rainbow Loom Action Figure courtesy of my 8 year old son