Big, Hairy, Audacious Goal: 10 Miler on May 18th
I feel like I’ve jumped off the deep end. Despite the fact that I’m not back up to 20 miles a week and still focused on strengthening both of my ankles (ankle sprain and injury), I decided to sign up for a 10 mile race in mid-May. Enter Hal Higdon’s Novice Half-Marathon Training Plan.
My Goal: Finish the Race.
That’s it. I’m training, of course, and using my goal to make sure I eat a gluten-free semi-Paleo diet. I’ll be using the weekly guide from Step by Step Paleo to help me with the diet part. (Review coming later this week.)
Given my running injuries last year, this year, I am happy to run and finish races.
Creating a Healthier Balance in 2014
On Tuesday, I will be diving into the details of getting ready for my 10 mile race as part of the February Carnival of Mothering. Since it’s winter, I have to be more creative about getting in my workouts. I’ll also be sharing how I track and measure my progress. I hope you’ll come away with a renewed motivation to get fit this year!
Personal – (habits that keep me healthy and happy)
- run 4 times this week for a total of 12 miles using Hal Higdon’s Novice Half-Marathon Training Plan
- Strengthen my upper and lower body using fitness videos from PopSugar Fitness
- stretch and strengthen my body
- drink 6-8 glasses of water a day
- eat green (daily salad and veggies & protein at dinner)
- read a book (How to Go to College Almost for Free)
People – (activities that promote relationship with the people I love)
- date with my husband – we desperately need some time to talk without kids around
- crafting with the kids
Purpose – (tasks that enable me to fulfill my purpose in life)
- work on my son’s First Communion Album
Passion – (activities and experiences which enable me to enjoy life)
- take pictures of the kids
- take pictures outside
- make terrariums with the supplies I picked up at Longwood Gardens and Terrain on Friday
Projects – (priority tasks that need to be finished this week)
- clean up the upstairs landing – I have a pile of gift bags and tissue paper and boxes of holiday decorations to put away
- sell Girl Scout cookies