Discipline and Focus
I am not completely organized for Christmas. I’m getting there. We have some gifts wrapped. We’ve made some cookies. I have packages to mail, more gifts to wrap, and Christmas cards to get in the mail. A tree to buy and set up. Cookies to make. Christmas decorating to do.
Did I mention a birthday party for a 7 year old girl to pull together?
I have no idea what to get my husband for Christmas. He has all the cooking tools he wants right now, and we haven’t saved up enough for the new cookware he wants.
Yes, I need to have discipline and focus this week. Some things may slide.
Last weekend, I started running again. Truth is I was feeling blah (a 7 lb. weight gain didn’t help), and I missed running. I’ve struggled with getting exercise back into my routine with my 5 year old home almost full-time.
Over the past weekend, I’ve felt myself get stronger with running and strengthening my ankles and legs. As I wrote in last week’s post about my 4 words for 2013, showing up daily and doing the work means I can continue to run.
I’m setting myself a goal of running a 5k race on New Year’s Day. I may need to walk part of the race; that’s okay. I want to start 2014 off with a bang and no running injuries. 2013 is/was the year of running injuries. 2014 is the year of running.
Personal – (habits that keep me healthy and happy)
- walk/run 5 times this week
- stretch and strengthen my body (I know I have to do this every day to maintain my injury recovery)
- drink 6-8 glasses of water a day (I’m keeping track in my daily action planner
- eat green (daily salad and veggies & protein at dinner)
- read a book (I’m digging into my free Kindle books)
People – (activities that promote relationship with the people I love)
- date with my husband
- phone calls to my mom, a friend, and my mother-in-law
- set up a museum date with my mom (we talked about this in June and never set a date)
Purpose – (tasks that enable me to fulfill my purpose in life)
- make Christmas treats for my daughter’s class for her birthday on Wednesday
- prepare my 3rd son for his Reconciliation on Tuesday
- work on my blogging/writing business
- write an ebook
- get outfits together for my children’s Christmas concert the following week
Passion – (activities and experiences which enable me to enjoy life)
- take pictures of the kids
- take a trip to Winterthur for their Christmas displays
Projects – (priority tasks that need to be finished this week)
- Christmas Making, Buying, Wrapping, and Baking
A Picture for Thought
Elf on the Shelf Fun!