As I review my upcoming week and look at my plans for last week, I feel like we’re embracing the last 2 weeks of August before school starts. The kids have made a new friend in our neighborhood; they’re happily spending time at the creek near us fishing and just being kids. We finally made it down to the shore to see the Lighthouse in Cape May and the Cape May Zoo. We’ll be back next week to play in the ocean in North Wildwood.
On a personal front, my ankle recovery is going well. I’ve been eating a green salad for lunch almost every day; this week, I’ll start including the salad in our dinner menu. My kids love to make salad, though they’re not keen on eating it. I’d like to get my husband back into the habit of eating salad daily, too. Thanks to the Gourmet Garden herbs I received at The Big Summer Potluck, it’s super easy to whip up a salad dressing at the last minute.
Personal – (habits that keep me healthy and happy)
- walk/run 5 times this week
- stretch and strengthen my body (I know I have to do this every day to maintain my injury recovery)
- drink 6-8 glasses of water a day
- eat green – I eat a big green salad at lunch time, and love it.
- read a book – VB6: Eat Vegan Before 6:00 to Lose Weight and Restore Your Health . . . for Good by Mark Bittman
People – (activities that promote relationship with the people I love)
- date with my husband – I found a few gift cards we had forgotten about which means a free date!
- phone calls to my mom, a friend, and my mother-in-law
- pool time with the kids – With 2 weeks before the pool closes, I want the kids to get in as much swimming as possible.
- day trip with the kids – We’re headed to the North Wildwood beach this Friday.
Purpose – (tasks that enable me to fulfill my purpose in life)
- work on my daughter’s Kindergarten photo book
- write letters to my children’s teachers
- work on my blogging/writing business
- write an ebook
- Catch up on my lessons from Get Healthy To Lose Weight by Divine Health from the Inside Out
Passion – (activities and experiences which enable me to enjoy life)
- take pictures of the kids
Projects – (priority tasks that need to be finished this week)
- back to school preparation
- schedule maintenance items for my car and get it inspected
- work on flower beds – start cleaning up for the fall
- put together a freezer cooking plan using the ideas in Simplify Live Love’s post on Premeditated Leftovers
A Picture for Thought
On Friday, we visited Cape May; for some of my kids, it was the first time they had seen the ocean. We kept count of all the turtles we saw in various places. My youngest son, lover of all things turtle, was thrilled!