I woke up this morning, looked at the calendar, and panicked. December 1st! 3 1/2 weeks until Christmas! Sure, I had a to do list going earlier in the fall, however, the list fell by the wayside as I got caught up in Halloween.
Today’s project – write an updated list and check it twice. I’m sure once I have my list written down, meaning not swirling around in my head driving me crazy, I’ll feel better. While I plan on making holiday treats, this year, I bought teacher gifts during the Girl Scout Nut Sale, supp
My biggest hurdle – shopping for my husband and oldest son. Since I’m not sure what to do for them, I’ll take the direct route and ask them.
Yesterday, I ran on the treadmill. It was my first run in about 6 weeks. This morning, I’m feeling pretty good. I’ll be running again after we go to mass; I may head outside though I’m feeling a bit wimpy about the cold.
Since December will be stressful with all that I need to do, I’m making healthy habits a priority. My water bottle is always near by. My husband bought salad makings for my lunch. I’ve come up with a tentative schedule for walking and running. Because my youngest son is home most of the week, I have to discipline myself to get my runs in.
Personal – (habits that keep me healthy and happy)
- walk/run 4 times this week (I started running on the treadmill yesterday)
- stretch and strengthen my body
- drink 6-8 glasses of water a day (water bottle by my side)
- eat green (daily salad and veggies & protein at dinner)
- read a book (I’m digging into my stash of Martha Stewart Living magazines for fresh inspiration)
People – (activities that promote relationship with the people I love)
- phone calls to my mom, a friend, and my mother-in-law
- set up a museum date with my mom (we talked about this in June and never set a date)
- work on Christmas cards
- afternoon trip with the kids
Purpose – (tasks that enable me to fulfill my purpose in life)
- work on my blogging/writing business
- write an ebook
Passion – (activities and experiences which enable me to enjoy life)
- take pictures of the kids
- Do our daily Advent calendar and Elf on the Shelf Countdown
- Make Christmas decorations with the kids
Projects – (priority tasks that need to be finished this week)
- Christmas To Do List
- Christmas cards