Back to the Regular Schedule
With the holidays over, and our first snow day of 2014 behind us, I’m getting back on schedule with myself and the kids this week. It won’t be pretty. I’m sure it will take us all week to get back into the rhythm of school days. My preschooler will struggle the most since he’s a home body, and loved having his older siblings home to play with.
Creating a Healthier Balance in 2014: Organization and Systems
I’m kicking my month-long series this week focusing on organizing/systems, healthy habits, finance, and creativity. My goal is to help all of us work towards a healthier balance in our lives as moms, wives, friends, and working women.
On my agenda this week is revisiting a yearly schedule I used in the past for planning. With a First Communion and wedding on the calendar for the spring and the last year of high school coming up for my oldest son, our family has a busy year ahead. Reviewing the yearly schedule and entering reminders and tasks in Nozbe will help me be better organized in the year ahead.
Personal – (habits that keep me healthy and happy)
- walk/run 5 times this week
- stretch and strengthen my body (I know I have to do this every day to maintain my injury recovery)
- drink 6-8 glasses of water a day
- eat green (daily salad and veggies & protein at dinner)
- read a book (I’m finishing The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines into Massive Success and Happiness)
People – (activities that promote relationship with the people I love)
- set up a museum date with my mom (we talked about this in June and never set a date)
- crafting with the kids
Purpose – (tasks that enable me to fulfill my purpose in life)
- review our yearly plan and enter reminders and tasks in Nozbe
- Focus on our weekly school day schedule to get us back on track
Passion – (activities and experiences which enable me to enjoy life)
- take pictures of the kids
Projects – (priority tasks that need to be finished this week)
- Girl Scout planning meeting