Once again, I’m excite to join Sarah of USA Love List in offering my readers a chance to win a product to help their health – a year’s supply of Tom’s of Maine Toothpaste. I love an American company that values its customers by creating products that are safe, effective, and made of natural ingredients. Tom’s of Maine offers an ingredient list on its site as part of its 100% transparency pledge.
Did you know tooth decay is the most common childhood disease? 3 out of every 5 children are affected by tooth decay. That’s a pretty sad fact considering how easy it is to teach kids to brush their teeth twice a day and eat a healthy diet. Remind your kids to drink water at school after eating their lunch to prevent the food from sticking to their teeth and starting the process for tooth decay.
Why Choose Natural Toothpaste
- avoid artificial sweeteners, preservatives and dyes
- avoid fluoride
- the company’s business practices
- the diversity of flavors – like ginger and fennel and orange – that you can find in natural toothpastes
How to Brush
1. Use a soft-bristled brush. If you use a battery-operated toothbrush, allow the brush to do the work, not you. It’s easy to damage your gums with hard brushing.
2. Floss your teeth first with your favorite floss, making sure to floss the hard-to-reach areas at the back of your mouth. Rinse your mouth with water.
3. Wet your toothbrush and apply a pea-sized amount of toothpaste on the brush.
4. This PDF from the American Dental Association will help you show your children the proper angle for applying the tooth brush to their teeth along with pointers for hitting the back of their teeth.
Remember to replace your brush every 3 months or as soon as it starts to look worn. Worn-down bristles can’t get into all the cracks and crevices in your mouth. $3 for a new toothbrush at least 4 times a year is a cheap price to pay for good dental health.
Recycling Tom’s of Main Packaging
As a green mom, I love recycling as much packaging as I can. Fortunately, Tom’s of Maine makes it easy and possible! Check here to see the materials list.
One lucky reader will win a year’s supply (12 tubes) of Tom’s of Maine toothpaste! Tell us which flavor you would pick if you win! Click the +1 button for further instructions on each entry. This giveaway will close at midnight on Thursday, March 7. The winner will be randomly selected, verified for correct entry participation, and notified by email.