The backbone of a good simple dinner recipe is pantry staples, like spaghetti sauce, cheese sauce, and biscuits. These pantry staples are easy to make from scratch, keeping gmos and other questionable chemicals out of your food and out of your children’s bodies.
Keep your pantry stocked with homemade staples = weeknight dinners on the table in 30 minutes or less.
As a busy mom of 5, dedicated to feeding my family healthy, real food meals in each night, I need an easy reference cookbook:
- I can keep it on the kitchen counter for quick reference
- I can make batches of pantry staples on a lazy Sunday afternoon
- The recipes are clear, concise, and illustrated.
Easy Homemade by Mandi Ehman is my go-to reference in my Kindle library. I never need to go to another room to dig through cookbooks looking for easy sauce ideas. They’re all right there on my counter on my iPad mini.
Simple Dinner Recipe: Homemade Cheese Sauce
Homemade Cheese Sauce is one of my go-to recipes from Easy Homemade. Let’s face it – everything tastes better with cheese. And, kids love cheese. At least my kids do. Add cheese sauce to those broccoli trees they passed over, and boom, my kids are raving about the broccoli.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and continue cooking for about 1 minute, until smooth and bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in milk, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Continue cooking until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Add cheese.
shelf life: 4 days in the refrigerator, 6 months in the freezer
Reprinted from Easy Homemade with permission from Mandi Ehman
Updated Easy Homemade (more than 30 new recipes and tips!)
Launching 2 years ago, Easy Homemade by Mandi Ehman has sold more than 15,000 copies. The new version includes even more easy, homemade pantry staples for families who want to cook from scratch, save money or just have the knowledge to make substitutes when they’re out of an important ingredient.
For one week only, you can buy the updated Easy Homemade for only $3.99, a great bargain for reference cookbook you’ll find yourself checking time again.
What’s in Easy Homemade
You’ll find recipes for the following pantry staples:
- seasonings (including tips on organizing your spice drawer)
- pantry staples (chicken stock to sloppy joe sauce to pasta sauce)
- snacks (a must for busy moms)
- baking mixes (biscuits, brownies, cakes….)
Along with 30 new recipes.
Easy Homemade $3.99 This Week Only
Grab your copy of Easy Homemade now, and put it on your tablet. Make meal planning for back to school a breeze with the simple pantry staple recipes.
After this week, the price is going up to $5.99.
Everyone who has purchased a copy of the ebook in the past will receive an updated version automatically on Monday. Future updates to Easy Homeme will be sent automatically. If you don’t receive an update, Mandi asks that you email her.