In my home, many of our simple dinners center around easy chicken recipes. We keep a supply of chicken thighs and boneless skinless chicken breasts in the freezer for any number of simple dinners for a quick weeknight meal. After the meal, my husband collects the bones from the chicken thighs, and puts them in the freezer for making chicken stock.
Simple Dinners: Easy Chicken Recipes
To avoid heating up the kitchen in the summer, I use our electric convection oven or grill to cook the chicken. If I have to use the oven, I make a double batch of the easy chicken recipe and freeze half for another simple dinner meal.
Take advantage of holiday sales and clearance packs to keep your meal cost low for these chicken recipes. Save time later by prepackaging the chicken recipes into meal portions and write the directions for making the meal on the outside of the package with a Sharpie.
My Resource for Simple Dinner Recipes: Taste of Home: Busy Family Favorites
- Basic Weekly Meal Plan Form (PDF)
- Weekly Grocery List
- Monthly Shopping List for Costco
- How Do I Include Gluten-Free/Paleo/Primal Options in my Menu Planning
- Home Management Binder: Menu Planning Section
- How to Find New Recipes Frugally
How to Save Money on the Food Budget
How to Save Time in the Kitchen
- Batch Cooking
- Meals that Keep: Kitchen Short Cuts to Feed your Family Made-from-Scratch Meals
- To Every Cook There is a Season of Gourmet Cooking & Basic Home Cooking
- Modular Cooking