Road Trip Games are a great way to keep that chorus of “Are we there yet?” from growing into a deafening roar. Ask the kid that wants to know when the next rest stop is to start looking for license plates from other states. Younger kids can help count green doors, red cars, or cows in the field.
Road Trip Games
I rounded up more than 30 road trip games from 7 bloggers, all with lots of experience traveling with kids. None of these games require more than paper, pen, and crayons. When your kids need a break from writing and drawing, teach your kids Johnny Cash’s song, “I’ve Been Everywhere” and see if they can keep up with all the places mentioned in the chorus.
- Road Trip Game and Printable | The Coconut Head’s Cancer Survival Guide
- 10 Printable Car Travel Games and Ideas for Kids | Faith Filled Food for Moms
- FREE: Road Trip Printable Activities for Kids | 3 Boys and a Dog
- Best Road Trip Songs for Family Travel! | 3 Boys and a Dog
- Over 20 Fun Road Trip Ideas for Kids! | 3 Boys and a Dog
- “Wave If You’re Famous” | Sharla Feldscher’s Kid Fun
- Driving and Counting – “Let’s Count Green Doors” | Sharla Feldscher’s Kid Fun
- Car Games | Life in the Bat Cave
- 5 Summer Road Trip Activity Bag Ideas for Kids with Free Printables | The Teachers’ Lounge
- 5 Games To Play In The Car With The Kids On Road Trips That Cost Nothing | How I Pinch a Penny