Books and kids belong in the kitchen. Of course, cook books usually live there. Classic and newer children’s literature can also bring in lots of teachable moments in the kitchen with opportunities for hands-on math, geography lessons, and kitchen science.
- Little House on the Prairie
- How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World
- Better Homes and Gardens New Junior CookBook
- Kids in the Kitchen: Simple Recipes That Build Independence and Confidence the Montessori Way
- The Kids-Did-It! Cookie Bookie: A (fun) cookie-baking cookbook for kids, illustrated by kids!
- Naples! #1 (Recipe for Adventure)
- Eat Like a Dinosaur: Recipe & Guidebook for Gluten-free Kids
- A Pirate Cookbook: Simple Recipes for Kids (First Facts)
Books about Cooking, Eating, Food, and Kids from Pinterest
- 2 Gluten-Free Books for Kids from Found the Marbles
- Explore Real, Whole Foods with Classic Children’s Literature from GNOWFGLINS
- Kitchen Books for Kids by the Unconventional Librarian Review: Willie Villie Meets Casey Kramps in Sprueville by Mom-Blog
- Top Ten Ways to Cook with Books with Kids from The Educators’ Spin On It
Shared at Clever Chicks Blog Hop