Easy side dishes are the backbone of my weeknight dinners. I need side dish recipes I can ask one of my kids to make or assist with. Simple cooking techniques keep me from spending hours in the kitchen.
Since I’ve been eating gluten-free, I’ve developed a new taste for vegetables. I love roasting green beans and asparagus with a little olive oil and sea salt and munching them as a healthy snack. One time I decided to add balsamic vinegar to the mix, and loved the result. Try sesame and coconut oil for a variation. Sprinkle on a spice, or two, or go a little heavy on the salt like I like to do.
Doing roasted vegetables is such an easy side dish for a simple weeknight dinner. So many vegetables do well roasted. If you need some ideas, check out the roasted vegetable round up I put together last summer.
- about 1 lb. of prepared asparagus
- olive oil
- sea salt
- balsamic vinegar
- Lay the asparagus in a single layer in a glass baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over top of the asparagus and toss gently. Lay the asparagus out in a single layer again.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over top, and salt to taste.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 to 15 minutes. Thinner asparagus will need less time.
More Easy Side Dish Recipes
- Acorn Squash in Crockpot
- Baked Brown Rice
- Baked Potatoes
- Gingery Broccoli Slaw Saute
- Braised Cabbage
- Cabbage Sauteed in Bacon Grease
- Gingered Carrot Coins
- Roasted Green Beans
- Sauteed Kale and Bok Choyv
- Kale and Garlic Sauteed in Lard
- Sauteed Kale and Bok Choy
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Potato Bake
- Paprika Potato and Beans
- Roasted Potatoes
- Simple Shredded Veggie Side Dish
- Roasted Summer Squash Rounds
- Simple Roasted Tomatoes