Baked Pasta with Ground Beef is an easy weeknight meal you can make in 30 minutes. You can also make a double batch and freeze the baked pasta for a meal later in the month. Don’t forget to include it on your meal planner.
Easy Baked Pasta with Ground Beef
I came up with this pasta recipe when I found some cooked ground beef in the freezer which I wanted to use up. The beauty of the recipe is that it doesn’t need many ingredients. Most people have these ingredients on hand. Given the preferences of your family, you can make quite a few variations.
Variations on Easy Pasta Bake
- Switch the spaghetti sauce for salsa or pizza sauce.
- If you’re light on spaghetti sauce, stretch it with diced or pureed tomatoes and add spices.
- Add in pesto for a slightly different flavor.
- Instead of ground beef, try cooked ground pork, cut up sausage, small chunks of beef, cooked chicken.
- For a non-meat protein, try black beans, red beans or white beans, and adjust the seasonings accordingly.
- For a gluten-free option, use sliced eggplant or zucchini in place of the pasta.
- Box of pasta of choice, preferably Ziti or Rotini
- 2 to 3 cups of spaghetti sauce
- cooked ground beef
- 1 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the box, keeping the pasta al dente since it will cook more in the oven. Drain the pasta, and return to the pot. Mix the pasta, ground beef, and spaghetti sauce together.
- Spread the pasta mixture in a 11 x 15 pan, and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes until the pasta mixture bubbles and looks finished.
More Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes
- Beef Stroganoff
- Baked Breaded Chicken
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Basil Chicken Marinade
- Chicken Stew with Buttermilk Biscuits
- Gluten-Free Chicken Stew
- Chicken Stir Fry
- Chicken Nuggets
- Garlic Parmesan/Romano Chicken with Noodles
- Ginger Mustard Chicken Breasts
- Greek Lemon Chicken
- Marinated Baked Pork Chops
- One Pot Herbed Chicken
- Salsa Chicken Thighs
- Sausage, Vegetable, and Pasta Stew
- Spicy Peanut Saute
- Sausage and Peppers
- Quick Beef Stroganoff
- Homemade Sausage Patties
- Teriyaki Marinade/Sauce for Meat