Hey all. It’s Heather from Real: The Kitchen and Beyond. We’re finalizing our New Year’s Eve menu. Since we already have our adult friendly New Year’s Eve appetizers, we’re rounding it out with some kid friendly appetizers. After all, who says a party is just for the adults? Our kids look forward to two parties every year – New Year’s Eve and the Super Bowl party.
If you are going to have kids at your party it is probably a good idea to have kid friendly appetizers. Although, if your kids are like mine they will be fighting the adults for that last bacon wrapped shrimp.
I’ve been having fun making kid friendly appetizers that are cute and healthy. Check out Joss and Stevie, the friendly fruity appetizers that will be gracing our table. The best part is these can also double as a great kid activity because they are so easy to make. In fact, I’ll show you how to make them in just a few easy steps. Then read on for 11 more great kid friendly appetizers. Yes, even bacon wrapped shrimp.
Fruity Tangerine Faces
- Strawberries or grapes
- Paring knife
- Cut the middle stem out of the top of the tangerine. Pull any white pith out that you can
- Cut a one inch piece of celery – Cut the bottom half into a”stake” like shape and then put slits into the other end about 1/4 inch down, very close together without cutting them completely off.
- Fan the top slivered edge of celery and place into the top of the tangerine.
- Place 3 toothpicks into the front of the tangerine in an upside down triangle shape – the top 2 will have about 1/4 inch left out. The bottom 1 will have about 1/2 inch left.
- Place a blueberry on each of the top 2 toothpicks.
- Place a strawberry half or grape on the bottom toothpick.
Let the kids enjoy. You might want to make a few extras for the adults too.
11 More Great Kid Friendly Appetizers
Spicy Fish Taco Minis – you can cut the spice on these
Prosciutto, Pear, and Goat’s Cheese – use a double or triple cream cheese to make these more kid friendly
Shared at Foodie Friday