This New Year’s Eve activity for kids is a simple yet fun way for you and your kids to remember the old year while ringing in the New Year. All you’ll need is a piece of canvas drop cloth from the painting department at your local Home Depot or Lowe’s, and Sharpie Permanent Markers or Fabric Markers. Then, start sharing memories with this New Year’s Eve party idea for kids! Kids can write or draw their favorite things from 2013 depending on their writing skills.
The cost of supplies for this New Year’s Eve activity for families was about $30. You can use the other half of the canvas drop cloth and the markers for another project. Set this art activity up in an area where the kids can work undisturbed.
How To Create Your “Favorites for 2013″ Banner
- Cut the 4 x 15 foot canvas drop cloth in half creating 2 pieces approximately 7.5 feet in length and 4 foot wide.
- Lay one half out either on the floor or a large table. If you’re concerned about the markers bleeding through the drop cloth, lay a protective layer down first.
- Set out the Sharpie permanent markers or fabric markers. Depending on how hard the kids press down with the markers, you may not be able to reuse them for another project.
- Draw a big “2013” in the middle of the canvas, and turn the writing and drawing over to the kids.
- You can also lay the drop cloth on a table, and use this activity during dinner to keep the kids at the table while everyone finishes eating.
Since I have 5 kids from ages 17 down to 5, I have kids who can write, and ones who can only draw. This activity for kids provides all of my kids an opportunity to participate at their own level. Once we’re finished, we can hang the banner up in our basement for the kids to look at throughout the year. Or, we can use the banner as a ground cloth for a family picnic during the summer.
This is just one idea for the ultimate New Year’s Eve Party menu! We’ve got your whole plan set for you! Here’s the complete list of recipes and ideas to make your party amazing:
NYE Steak Bites: Cindy from Whatever Works
Baked Brie: Erica from No Sleep Til College
Antipasta Bars: Lindsay from Naughty Mommy
Sausage and Cheese Crescents: Lauryn from A Vintage Mom
Brown Sugar Sausages: Carrie from Chockababy
The Perfect Sweet:
Pumpkin White Chocolate Tarts: Heather from Real: The Kitchen and Beyond
Memorable Activity for Kids:
New Year’s Eve Ideas for Kids: Barb from A Life in Balance
Check out the whole party plan and let me know what you’ve got planned for the New Year!
For the Kids Friday, Inspire Me Monday, Motivation Monday, Teach Me Tuesday, Create Link Inspire, Make It Pretty Monday, Create It Thursday, Thursdays are Your Days, Tutorial Thursdays, Weekly Kids Coop, Super Saturday Link Party, Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest, Farm Girl Hop, The Scoop, Tweak It Tuesday$25 Gift Card for Giant Giveaway Ends 5/22/15