Mother’s Day is just 13 days away.Which is why I’m writing this post early just in case you need the weekend to go shopping for Mother’s Day.
My absolute favorite gift for Mother’s Day is outdoor plants. So many of the plants in my yard were Mother’s Day gifts. Yes, I may have picked some of them out. They were merely suggestions, and I appreciate being heard.
Ways to make your mom/wife happy:
- An easy-to-care-for flowering vine like the one above. Make sure you have a site picked out that the recipient would like, and don’t forget to install the plant yourself.
- Petunias, ageratum, impatiens and other low-growing annuals add color to the front of your flower beds, or can be planted in a pot for a porch or the front steps.
- Rose bush – I don’t recommend tea roses even though they can produce beautiful flowers. Try to find something hardier so you can surprise your wife with fresh roses during the spring and summer.
- Herbs: parsley, rosemary, sage, and thyme. Yes, the standard 4 herbs make a great gift for moms and wives who like to cook. Either pot them up for the porch or inside a sunny kitchen, or start an herb garden near the kitchen door.
More advanced ideas for the serious gardener
- A gift certificate to her favorite local gardening store or gardening catalog. I’m sure she has a wish list of plants to acquire, or tools to purchase.
- A tree. This is a big gift so be sure the recipient truly wants one, and get what she really wants. Not what you think she wants.
- Fruiting bushes or vines. These types of plants are generally easy to care for, and will provide a fun treat during the summer.
- Prepare her vegetable garden while she’s out running errands.
Because I love meeting new people and sharing, this post is linked to: