Shopping monthly produce sales and clearance items after the holidays is an easy way to save money on our budget for a family of 7. Shopping produce sales seasonally keeps my cooking focused on cheap recipes that can feed growing kids. I love checking out the clearance section for holiday items especially for supplies for making gifts for my children’s classmates.
This year, we’re looking at some budget changes. Thanks to the new Obamacare, an additional $32 (pre-tax) will be taken out of my husband’s paycheck weekly, adding up to $1,664 yearly. Our youngest son will be in Kindergarten this fall adding another $2,300 to our Catholic school tuition bill. Our oldest son starts his senior year this fall. We’ll have fees for college applications to consider. He also wants to take 2 college courses as a high school student to get ahead start on college.
New Series: Monthly Stores with Sales/Clearance Items
Starting January 1st, I’ll be sharing a list of monthly sales/clearance items to help with our monthly budget planning. Make a list now in January of items you may need to shop for this year like party supplies, gifts, appliances, special clothing (wedding, graduation, First Communion, Christmas). Keep this list with you while shopping and review it before walking into a store. With the list fresh in your mind, you’ll be looking for bargains for only what you need.
- Christmas – Clearance
- New Year’s
- Super Bowl
Clearance Items/Sale Items
- old electronic games and game systems
- exercise equipment and fitness dvds
- older model tvs
- small appliances: Pressure cookers, Rice cookers, Toaster ovens, Juicers, Blenders, Bread machines, Sewing machines, Slow cookers, Water filters, Coffee grinders, Coffeemakers, Espresso makers
- cold and flu medicines
- Broccoli: Gingery Broccoli Slaw Saute, How to Freeze Broccoli, Baked Egg Casserole
- Cabbage: Braised Cabbage, Cabbage Sauteed in Bacon Grease
- Grapefruit: Five Threes (Frozen Fruit Dessert), Fruit Salad
- Leeks: Sauteed Leek and Kale Stems
- Lemons: Greek Lemon Chicken
- Oranges: Five Threes (Frozen Fruit Dessert), Fruit Salad
See more at: http://marketingwithsara.com/amazon/warning-to-all-affiliate-marketers#sthash.7pLtrFUN.dpuf
I share because I care, so feel free to use any of my images as long as they are credited and accompanied by a link back to A Life in Balance. Failure to link back and credit my site as a source constitutes a copyright violation. Thanks!