Need easy dinner ideas? Pork Chops are an easy weeknight meal, just like chicken thighs. Grill, bake, stirfry, panfry, pork chops do just about everything. Generally, we buy pork when the price is $1.99 or below at Costco. If the whole loin is cheaper, we’ll cut that into individual chops and package them in groups of 5 to 6 for dinner. Otherwise, we’ll break down a package of precut pork chops into dinner-sized packages. My husband likes his chops thick to keep them juicy.
This recipe started out as someone else’s that I found in their cookbook. However, when I returned the cookbook to the library and searched online, I couldn’t find the recipe. Ever the practical cook, I decided to create my own version using what I had. As long as you have a flavored vinegar, several other condiments, and a sweetener, it’s easy to come up with your own special marinade.
- 4 pork chops, cut thickly (about 2 inches)
- ½ cup of white wine vinegar
- 3 T Hunt's Tomato Ketchup (no high fructose syrup)
- 2 T organic sugar
- Mix up the marinade, and pour over the pork chops sitting in a glass pan. Marinate the pork chops for about an hour in the fridge.
- Bake the pork chops at 350 for 30 minutes or until done.
Because I love meeting new people and sharing, this post is linked to:
Show Off Your Stuff Party, Fabulously Frugal Thursday, Inspire Me Monday, Clever Chicks Blog Hop, Busy Monday, The Inspiration Board, Totally Tasty Tuesdays