Making your own Italian seasoning, along with other spice blends, is an easy way to save money on groceries. My husband and I regularly mix up several blends of spices and store them in canning jars in our spice cabinet. The trick is mix just enough to keep the spices fresh.
Make Your Own Italian Seasoning
You can use this Italian seasoning in a variety of ways: chicken thighs, Baked Chicken Parmesan, or Steak Fries. Buy your spices in small amounts to keep them fresh. Store the spice blend in canning jars with my favorite plastic storage lids.
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried savory
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor. Blend the ingredients for a minute or 2 until you reach the desired consistency.
- Store in a labeled container in the spice cabinet.