As part of my personal challenge to use up food in our freezer and pantry before the new gardening season, I’ve joined the Good Cheap Eats January 2012 Pantry Challenge. I’ll still be buying fresh produce, milk, and cream, and anything that we run out of and normally use like peanut butter (always needed!).
I also plan to try one new recipe each week for dinner, and work on snacks for the kids. I made black bean brownies last week which were a big hit with the kids. As part of my personal health challenge, I’ll be attempting to go gluten-free and sugar-free by eliminating all bread and pasta in my meals and eating more vegetables. January should be a fun month!
Several of my dishes in the monthly menu plan call for 5 ingredients that I need to purchase. I may switch to a different meal to use up more food from the pantry. I normally include at least one leftover night in my menu plan; this time I have 2 Leftover nights for the month, though I will plan on including leftovers in meals if they’re not used up.
If you’re interested in joining, read about the challenge and post your link.
Any recipes listed on my site are indexed on my Recipe page.
1. Husband Cooks
2. Husband Cooks
3. Breaded Chicken thighs, Tangy Carrot Coins, Oven Roasted Root Vegetables
4. Baked Ziti and Sauteed Corn and Carrots
5. Chicken and Sausage over Orzo with Romano Cheese on top, Cabbage Coleslaw
6. Garlic Parmesan Chicken Casserole (using up Chicken Piccata from freezer) with Sauteed Veggies
7. Husband Cooks
8. Husband Cooks
9. Roast Chicken, Spinach Feta Turnover
10. Minestrone Stew, French bread
11. Beef Stroganoff
12. Chicken Stew, French bread
13. Mac and Cheese, Sauteed Veggies
14. Husband Cooks
15. Husband Cooks
16. Breaded Chicken, Herbed Noodles, Green Beans
18. Savory Beef and Noodles
19. Chicken Parmesan, Sauteed Veggies
20. Homemade Pizza, Salad
21. Husband Cooks
22. Husband Cooks
23. Honey Mustard Chicken, Roasted Potatoes, Beans
24. Leftover Main Dish, Easy Au Gratin Potatoes
25. Sausage Bake, French Bread
27. Easy Pasta Alfredo
28. Husband Cooks
29. Husband Cooks
30. Easy Italian Chicken, Paprika Potatoes and Beans
31. Spinach Lasagna Rollups
Because I love meeting new people and sharing, this post is linked to: