Guest Post Submission Guidelines
Thanks for your interest in guest posting on A Life in Balance. I’m always interested in receiving well-written posts fitting in with the spirit and topics that my site covers.
- blogging tips
- recipes focusing on simple dinners and healthy kid snacks,
- house cleaning
- organizing tips
- home decor
- kids crafts
- frugal tips
- mom-related posts
Please note the following guidelines when submitting your guest post for consideration:
- Submission of your guest post or post idea does not guarantee publication. Your submission will be reviewed and if it will benefit my readers, it is likely to be published.
- Guest posts should offer practical advice or ideas about saving money, living healthy, organization, parenting.
Submissions with a “visit my site” or “check out my product” type feel will not be accepted. Likewise, submissions which appear to be strictly PR- or SEO-related will not be accepted.
- Posts must be high-quality, original content (i.e. not published anywhere else online).
- Please limit your post to 800 words or less. Also include one to three images, including one that is “pinnable.” All my images are standardized to 450 pixels in width.
- Use of bullets, lists and short paragraphs is highly encouraged as it makes reading much easier. I will do the final edit before publishing to ensure readability.
- Type your post in your email and attach relevant images to the email (if applicable). You can include relevant links in html markup or clearly identify the word(s) to be linked accompanied by the url.
- Please use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. If excessive editing is required, the post will not be accepted.
- All links should be relevant and valid. If you link back to a post on your site that doesn’t work, it will be removed without notice. Any affiliate links will be provided by me.
- Include a short bio (50 words or less) at the end of your post. Feel free to include a link to your site and relevant social media.
- A Life in Balance does not offer monetary compensation for guest posts at this time.
I look forward to working with you. Please feel free to email me if you would like to run a topic idea by me. Include “Guest Post Idea” in the subject line.
Guidelines update 8.15.14