While the peppermint and chocolate flavors in these Gluten Free Peppermint Brownie Bites are not traditional Valentine’s Day flavors, I like to think outside the box. We made these brownie bites for my daughter’s class to celebrate her birthday in school before Christmas. My daughter’s classmates loved them, and so did my family. I adapted the recipe for the gluten-free crowd.
Gluten Free Peppermint Brownie Bites
While I happened to have Peppermint Hershey Kisses leftover from Christmas, you could also use the Cherry Cordial Hershey Kisses, Caramel Filled Kisses, or the Raspberry Hugs. Make sure you put the kisses on top of the brownie bites right after you remove the brownie bites from the oven. Then put the brownie bites some place to cool away from the oven. This prevents the kisses from completely melting into the brownie bites. I put mine in our unheated garage.
- 1 cup of butter, melted
- 1 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 3½ cups of organic sugar
- 4 tsps vanilla extract
- 8 eggs
- 1½ cups cocoa powder
- 2 cups finely ground almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put mini muffin pan wrappers in mini muffin pans. If you don't have wrappers, spray the mini muffin pans with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Mix together the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla by hand in a mixing bowl. Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well between additions.
- Incorporate the cocoa powder in the batter, mixing well again.
- Add in the flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Using a one Tablespoon scoop, place one scoop in each lined muffing opening. The batter will spread out as it bakes, filling the muffin tin opening.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until done.
- Immediately after removing the brownie bites from the oven, place a Hershey's Kiss on top of each brownie bite and gently press into place. Don't push all the way into the brownie bite.
- Allow the brownie bites to cool completely before removing them from the muffin pans.