Here are some frugal fall party ideas to make your party fantastic and budget friendly. Fall is my favorite time to throw a party. All my favorite flavors are in high demand and there are so many desserts I want to try without eating the whole thing on my own. It is my opinion that Fall is also one of the best times to throw a frugal party since you can pull your fall decor and food from seasonal offerings.
Fall Party Ideas: 10 Fantastic, Frugal Ideas
- Reusable decor – Bring those outside potted mums inside for the evening. They add a gorgeous pop of color and make a stunning focal point for the room. Here are some ideas for fall decorating on a dime that can also be used for your party. You can also let your kids be part of the fun and decorate with their autumn crafts.
- Decorate with pumpkins – Buy pumpkins and squash that are perfect for eating. After the party is over, roast those babies up and freeze it for winter and this yummy pumpkin pie baked oatmeal or these rave worthy pumpkin cream cheese muffins.
- Keep the menu local and seasonal – this helps ensure you spend less for the food.
- Keep it simple – choose a few signature fall dishes – anything with apple or pumpkin usually is a big hit – then keep the rest basic. Tortilla chips with 3 kinds of dip add variety and flavor. Make your own guacamole, salsa, and cream cheese dip to save even more.
- Keep the drinks simple – tea, coffee, water, and apple cider are perfect. You can serve apple cider in a variety of ways for options and a fun twist – apple cider slushies, hot cider, plain cider, and spiked cinnamon cider.
- Ditch the paper – invest in solid colored cloth napkins or make your own. Use regular plates and put them in a sink of soapy water when done to make clean up easy. Mix and match dishes for a cool look. You can usually get plates inexpensively at places like Goodwill and Salvation Army.
- If you don’t want to use cloth, check out the dollar store for themed or fall colored napkins. Solid colors make them easier to use for another non-seasonal party.
- Use table clothes for easy clean up -throw them in the washing machine once everyone leaves. Keep an eye on clearance fabric and buy colors for the season. You can easily hem up the ends or if they are smooth enough, leave them unhemmed.
- Buy in bulk – if you have a club membership this is the time to use it.
- Simmer orange or apple slices with cinnamon sticks and cloves in water on the stove’s back burner to add to that fall feel.
More Entertaining Resources