With 5 kids, my husband and I have a limited budget for dates. I set aside $5/week though sometimes I need to dip into our date money if we order take-out for our entire family. Because of finances and our busy schedule, I started a list of free and frugal date ideas, not all of which need to happen at night.
Frugal or Free Date Ideas
- Sport bar like Dave Busters with games like skee ball
- Keep an eye out for Groupons and Living Social Deals. You may be able to score an unusual trip like skydiving.
- Spend a day in a shore town with ambiance like Cape May.
- Find a local diner and just order dessert and a cup of coffee.
- Batting Cages
- Surprise your husband with lunch at work
- Buy gift certificates on restaurant.com when they’re marked down 75 to 80%. You can buy a $25 Gift Certificate for $2.
- Driving Range
- First Friday in Philly or your local town/city
- 2nd Saturday in Media or your local town/city
- Pack a lunch and go for a walk & picnic in the woods
- Chanticleer Garden in Wayne
- Take a cooking class together
- Head to a sporting event you both like
- Putt Putt Golf
- Head to a bookstore, have a cup of coffee & just look at the books
- Dessert and coffee at Panera’s
- During the summer, check out the free concert series at your local park.
- My husband and I went to Eastern State Penitentary in Philly and it was awesome!
- Check out local summer festivals.
- If you want to go out with friends, have the kids go to one house and pay 1 babysitter and then stay at the house without the kids. You can do a movie night, dinner, just hang out. Bring food & drinks for a cheaper date night than going out.
- Eat breakfast together at a local restaurant. Breakfast is usually a cheaper meal than dinner.
- Do a tour of the local historical spots in your town or city. Usually these are free or only charge a dollar admission.
What’s your favorite free or frugal date idea?
Time to Link Up Your Fabulously Frugal Posts!
Because I love meeting new people and sharing, this post is linked to:
Taking a Time Out Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, The Mommy Club, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Your Green Resource, Frugal Tip Tuesday, Inspire Me Wednesday, Anything Goes