About a month ago, I made a simple burlap wreath from a styrofoam wreath and a roll of burlap ribbon. It took all of about 15 to 20 minutes to make. I added a glitter-dotted organza ribbon for St. Patrick’s Day.
I updated the wreath over a week ago with silk flowers from my stash. Another 10 minutes spent updating the wreath for a fresh spring look! I found the polka-dotted flowers at Michael’s Craft store a few years ago, and bought them for my daughter’s room. When we have our First Communion Party in May, I’ll update the ribbon on the wreath with rainbow-striped ribbon I found at Michael’s this year.
I used my husband’s diagonal cutting pliers to cut the stems off of several daisy-like polka-dotted silk flowers. I was able to cut just below the flower, making sure there was no stem sticking out.
I used sewing pins to pin the silk flowers in place on the wreath. These have small heads, yet are long enough to keep the silk flower securely in place.
Shared at Clever Chicks Blog Hop