Steak fries and roasted potato wedges are always a big hit with my kids. I usually have the older kids cut up the potatoes and turn them into fries for me. It only takes about 15 minutes to prepare the recipe.
I tweaked this recipe from a Steak Fry Recipe I found on Balm to My Soul. Since my kids prefer not to have cheese on their fries, I eliminated the cheese from the recipe and switched the butter to olive oil and coconut oil.
- 1 Tbsp. dry Italian salad dressing mix
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Olive Oil
- 4 large potatoes, scrubbed clean and cut into wedges
- Coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and scrub potatoes.
- Cut potatoes into thick slices. Drizzle olive oil over the slices, and toss with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Spray a cookie sheet with coconut oil spray.
- Lay potato slices in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or so until brown and crispy.