Last week, I decided to play around with the chocolate chip cookie recipe in Make it Paleo. My goal was to double the recipe, though a recipe with 6 cups of almond meal flour makes for an expensive cookie. It also makes for a delicate cookie, liable to fall apart on a moment’s notice.
With half a batch of dough left, I decided to use the dough in my muffin pans. I quickly lined the pans with the unbleached muffin liners and scooped the dough in with my already used cookie scoop from Pampered Chef. Success! The dough held together much better as a muffin.
I present to you my Chocolate Chip Dried Cranberry Coconut Muffins.
- 3 cups almond meal
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup organic sugar
- Before starting, make sure all ingredients are room temperature, except for the coconut oil. This ensures the coconut oil doesn't solidify when it touches the other ingredients.
- Mix almond meal, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt together in mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and organic sugar until completely combined.
- Add in melted coconut oil.
- Stir in chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and shredded coconut.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter into prepared muffin pans.
- Bake for about 16 minutes until done.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before eating. Cool completely before freezing.