Mom style – mine is pretty casual as I mentioned in my Indian Summer Outfit for a Lunch Date post. When it comes to jeans, I buy basic ones like the Lee Relaxed Fit jeans I found last winter at Kohl’s. No fancy hem. No decorate pockets. Just a good basic pair of jeans. Throw on a t-shirt and I’m good to go.
Have you entered my
Last Sunday, my husband and I went to the Green Fest in Philly for a day out together. I decided to dress up my usual jeans outfit with a few accessories.
Casual Day Out Outfit
I apologize for a lack of close up pictures. My 7 year old daughter played photographer, and unfortunately, most of the pictures were blurry. Here’s my outfit in a nutshell. It was super comfortable, and I received several compliments on my Chaco shoes.
- Lee Relaxed Fit jeans
- White Ann Taylor Loft shirt (passed to me by my mom) (40% off EVERYTHING thru 9/13 with code FALLSTYLE)
- Earrings from Target
- Bracelet made out of silver spoons (gift from a sister-in-law)
- Chaco shoes (that’s the closest to my style)
- Scarf (bought at the Sugarloaf Craft Festival)
- Citizen Women’s Eco-Drive Watch (I’ve had this watch for about 5 years and LOVE it. The battery is recharged by light which means I never have to replace the battery.)
I like to keep my jewelry and accessories simple. Since I’m just 5 foot 2 inches, I don’t like my accessories to overwhelm me. I took this scarf and folded it in half and pulled the end through the loop.
Budget fashion tip – most of my earrings come from Target nowadays. The earrings are usually $4.99 to $7.99. If I lose one or break it, I don’t worry as much since I didn’t spend a lot.
These Chaco shoes are super comfortable! I bought them about a year ago for a food blogger conference. They’re great for walking; I’ve worn them all day when I take the kids into the city for field trips.