I’m so excited to be sharing an awesome snack recipe from Karissa of Sweet as a Cookie! I love her motto: A Balance Diet is a Cookie in Each Hand!
Nothing screams autumn more than the flavors of fall. This caramel spice cake popcorn is the perfect treat on a rainy autumn day. I must warn you though, this popcorn is super addictive! I tried only having a few pieces, but those few pieces soon turned into handfuls. Don’t judge me, you’d do the same
This popcorn would be cute served up in little mini treat bags. Portion control is key with this caramel spice cake popcorn. The flavors of this popcorn would be wonderful paired with some fresh granny smith apple slices. The sweet paired with the sour apples makes the perfect combination.
My favorite part of making this popcorn was drizzling the caramel and the spice cake flavored chocolate. There’s just something about creating an organized mess that excites me.
Of course you don’t have to drizzle the topping on in any particular order. I personally liked adding the caramel on top because it added more color to the popcorn.
- 8 cups air popped popcorn
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. shortening
- ¼ cup Kraft caramel bits
- 1 tsp. water
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. shortening
- 2 tbs. spice cake mix
- In a double boiler melt the white chocolate until smooth.
- Mix in the shortening (this will thin out the chocolate to help it spread)
- In a large bowl combine the chocolate with the air popped popcorn.
- Stir in the chocolate until all of the popcorn is evenly coated.
- Place the popcorn on a baking sheet and allow the popcorn to cool in the refrigerator.
- While the popcorn is setting in the refrigerator start melting the caramel bits with water over the double boiler.
- Once the caramel is nice and smooth drizzle it over the chocolate covered popcorn, chill.
- In the double boiler again, melt the white chocolate chips with shortening.
- Once the chocolate is nice and smooth stir in the spice cake mix, and drizzle over popcorn.
- Allow popcorn to chill in refrigerator until firm.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
More Mouth-watering Fall Recipes from Sweet as a Cookie
|Snappy White Popcorn, 4 Pounds|
Halloween Snacks for Kids
- Healthy Kid Snacks: Allergy-free Candy and Non-Candy Options for Halloween
- kid-tested, mother-approved: healthy halloween snacks and treats
- 10 Halloween-inspired Healthy Kid Snacks