Baking Soda is my main man in the kitchen, apart from my husband. This cute little box cost me only $.50, and has oh, so many uses. Not to mention, it’s nontoxic. And, I heart nontoxic.
Did you know that baking soda can lift burned food off a pan? Combine about one Tablespoon of this mighty little hero with about an inch of water in a pan full of burned on food and bring the water to a boil. Watch as the burned food magically lifts off the bottom to eddy around in the bubbles. Cool!
Some other uses for baking soda
- Non-abrasive scrubber – I use mine with a handmade scrubby.
- Baking, but of course!
- Deodorant for the fridge
- For heartburn, take a teaspoon of baking soda mixed with one-half glass of water.
- Deodorize your dish rags by soaking them in baking soda and warm water before washing.
- Restore stiff brushes by boiling them in a solution of 1/2 gallon of water, 1/4 cup of vinegar, and a cup of baking soda.
- Use baking soda as an equal substitute for baking powder by mixing with it with cream of tartar.