Simple Dinners are the name of the game at my home while I balance work, volunteering, and being a mom of 5 kids. Baked Bread Chicken is such an easy weeknight dinner. You can make this recipe up ahead of time in several batches and freeze it. Or, like me, have your kids help you with the prepping of the chicken breasts followed by breading the chicken.
I came up with this version of baked breaded chicken recently when I was rushed for time at dinnertime. It’s gotten rave reviews from my kids! I like taking the leftover chicken and making a sandwich out of it the next day with lettuce and tomato. I also like to cut up the chicken and mix it with fresh cherry tomatoes from the garden.
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup romano or parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp each basil and oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 chicken thighs
- While heating the oven to 400°F, mix together bread crumbs, cheese, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Rinse the chicken thighs with water. Coat both sides with bread crumb mixture, patting into place. Place in single layer in 11 x 15 shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is done (165°F).
Need More Simple Dinner Recipes?
Shared at: Weekend Recipe Linkup