Last week, I dug into my Paleo cookbooks to find some new recipes for my Whole30 program. I found an apple bacon slaw in Eat Like a Dinosaur: Recipe & Guidebook for Gluten-free Kids and used the recipe to create my own Apple Cranberry Slaw with the help of my food processor.
Our KitchenAid 14-Cup Food Processor I used it at canning time for pureeing tomatoes. My husband loves to use the shredding blade when he’s making his world famous potato latke. The food processor made quick work of the vegetables and fruit I needed to shred for this easy slaw.
- ⅓ of a head of cabbage shredded
- 2 large carrots shredded
- 1 large apple shredded
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 T sea salt
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- adapted from eat like a dinosaur apple bacon slaw
- Shred the cabbage, carrots, and apple in a food processor.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Refrigerate overnight before eating to allow the flavors to develop.
Paleo and Whole30 Resources