This year, skip the store bought greeting cards, even the ones for $.99. Instead, make your own Valentine’s Day card for your sweeties. Nothing fancy, no special supplies required. Just use what you have around the house. Or, use the bathroom mirror to write a message of love. Draw a picture in the snow and send them a picture on their phone.
10 FunWays to Tell Your Loved Ones You Love Them
Valentine’s Day isn’t about spending money. It’s about telling the ones you love that you love them. Even if you tell them that every day.
- Cut out words from a magazine to create a secret message.
- Write a note with washable markers or shaving cream on the bathroom mirror.
- Write a list of reasons why you love them.
- Write a list of ways they made you feel special recently.
- For kids, write about the day they were born. For spouses, write about the day you were married.
- Tuck a small note in their lunch.
- Take a picture of yourself holding a homemade sign saying I love you, print it out, and turn it into a card or a note.
- Cut out heart shapes from construction paper, scrap paper, packaging, whatever you have, and make a card with them.
- If you have snow on the ground, stamp out a message that can be seen from the second floor of your home.
- Send them a text every hour listing one reason why they are special to you.